Special Investigations Division Topics
Special Investigations Division
6301 Indian School NE, Suite 310
Albuquerque NM 87110
(505) 841-8053 Mon – Fri
(505) 841-9256 After Hours/Weekends
Fax: (505) 841-8062
Serving the citizens of New Mexico through enforcement of statutory assignments (Liquor Control Act and Concealed Handgun Carry Act), as well as conducting complex specialized investigations with integrity and professionalism.
The Special Investigations Division (SID) is a division of the Department of Public Safety. SID Officers have statewide law enforcement jurisdiction and enforce both administrative regulations and criminal codes.The SID is the designated lead agency for the enforcement of New Mexico’s Liquor Control Act (NMSA 60-3-1 through 60-12-10) and a major contributor in the state’s effort to reduce DWI.
The division performs a wide range of Enforcement and Regulatory activities statewide:
- Premise inspection at licensed liquor establishments
- Compliance Operations
- Underage enforcement operations
- Tobacco compliance operations
- Source investigations
- Investigations into the illegal sales of alcohol to intoxicated persons
- Financial investigations
- Undercover operations
- Training of city and county police officers, community groups and industry employees.
- Administration of the Concealed Handgun Carry Act
The following documents should serve as a guidance:
- The Liquor Control Act, 60-3-1 through 60-12-10 NMSA 1978.
- The State of New Mexico Alcohol and Gaming Division – Rules and Regulations , 15 NMAC 10.1.1 ~ 15 NMAC 10.61.9
- The Conceal Handgun Carry Act and 10 NMAC 8.2.1 through 10 NMAC 8.2.31 , 29-19-1 through 29-19-14
If you need assistance in locating NMSA documents, please use the following guide