Applicant Fingerprint Background Checks
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 4:00pm
Address: 4491 Cerrillos Rd., Santa Fe, NM 87507
Questions should be directed to Andrew Carbajal at (505) 827-3431 or email email@example.com
When you provide a payment, you authorize the State of New Mexico to either use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
Effective November 5, 2013, DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check Unit is no longer accepting hard copy fingerprint cards. All applicant fingerprint background checks will be processed electronically. Please register at www.cogentid.com. For information on how to register click HERE.
If you are an out of state applicant or already have hardcopies that you prefer to process, click HERE. For questions/inquiries/comments, please refer to the Applicant Fingerprint Background Checks contact information.
DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check unit is able to accept cashier’s checks, money orders, credit and debit cards only. POs/Cash will not be accepted and will be returned to the submitting agency.
DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check Procedures:
- Two (2) fingerprint cards are required to be submitted.
- Cards are processed in the order they are received.
- Your first point of contact to check on the status of any delay of your application should be the agency where you initially submitted your application and prints.
- The time delay between the time your prints are received by your sponsoring agency and when they are submitted electronically or manually to DPS rests entirely with the submitting agency.
- Once prints are submitted to DPS electronically, and your prints are of sufficient quality, under normal circumstances, your agency will receive a response from DPS within 24-48 hours, and from the FBI within 48-72 hours (weekends excluded).
- Prints submitted to DPS and the FBI as manual submissions typically receive responses within 7-14 working days.
Delays in Applicant Fingerprint Background Check responses to submitting agency may be due to:
Rejections caused by:
- Incomplete application information
- No payment or insufficient payment
- Low quality prints
For questions/inquiries/comments, please refer to the Applicant Fingerprint Background Checks contact information.